Richard A. Levy M.D., QME
Daniel V. Shalom, M. D., QME
Rommel Hindocha, D.C., QME
David Chittenden M.D., QME
Robert S. Ferretti M.D., QME
Christian Foglar, M.D., QME
Teodoro Nissen M.D., QME
Joel Renbaum M.D.
Joel Weddington M.D., QME
Nicole Chitnis M.D., QME
Barry Meskin DPM, QME
Alireza Bagherian, D.C., QME
Robert Blum, M.D., QME
Peter Chang-Sing, M.D., QME
Ernest Cheng, D.O., QME
Kenneth J. Hammerman, M.D., QME
Elliot Henderson, Ph.D., QME
Mark Kimmel, Ph.D., QME
Richard G. Leff, M.D., QME
Donald J. Purcell, M.D., QME
Martin Shaffer, Ph.D., QME
Jed Sussman, Ph.D., QME
Scott Taylor, M.D., QME
Kara L. Winter, Ph.D., QME
Lesley J. Wolff, D.P.M., QME
Douglas H.L, Chin, M.D., QME
George D. Trahms, M.D., QME
Venkat Aachi, M.D., QME
Martin Shaffer, Ph.D., QME
1970 University of Oregon, Ph.D., Psychology, Eugene, OR
1981 University of Illinois,B.S., Psychology, Mathematics, Champaign-Urbana
PRIVATE PSYCHOTHERAPY PRACTICE 1973 - Present
San Francisco / Sacramento / Stockton, CA.
- Practice specializing in the evaluation and treatment of stress and paindisorders, as well as evaluations of neuropsychological dysfunction.
- Forensic Consultation, with specialization in Workers' Compensation claims in California and Alaska (AME, QME, IME) for reactions to injury along with pre-surgicalassessment and neuropsychological complications. Psychiatric assessments have been done forthe Department of Labor and Veterans Administration as related to common neuropsychologicalfunctioning issues, rehabilitation issues, PTSD and personality development issues. Complexissues have been addressed with clinical assessment, file review, directing of case managementissues and court testimony.
- Corporate Management Consultation, including group stress management interventions.
- Sports Psychology, including performance enhancement with specialty in golf.
STRESS MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE 1979 - Present
San Francisco, CA.
- Training of professionalsin stress management skills.
UNIVERSITY EVALUATION CENTER 1992-1994
San Francisco, CA.
- Coordinator ofpsychological consulting services for medical-legal assessment; a multidisciplinary evaluationcenter that provided multi-specialty evaluations for industrial injuries and third party liabilitycarriers.
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR 1977-1979
Division of Clinical Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Department of Family Medicine
University of South Carolina, School of Medicine, Columbia, SC.
- Trained family physicians, diagnosed and treated psychophysiological disorders,published articles on obesity and psychophysiological problems. Consultant to departments of Pediatrics, Internal Medicine and Orthopedic Surgery.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (Continued)
INDEPENDENT MEDICAL EXAMINER 1977-1979
Richland County Court Systems, Columbia, SC.
- Performed medical-legal and psychological consultations for hospital commitment topsychiatric and penal institutions in Columbia, SC. Fitness to stand trial was a focus.
STAFF PSYCHOLOGIST 1972-1977
Mental Health Developmental Disabilities Department, San Francisco County, CA.
- Administered neuropsychological testing and treated developmentallydisabled children and their families, while consulting and training community agency personnelincluding school district personnel.
RESEARCH PSYCHOLOGIST 1971-1972
Veterans Administration Hospital, Palo Alto, CA.
CONSULTANT, STAFF TRAINER 1971-1972
Cupertino School District, Cupertino, CA.
- Program fordevelopmentally disabled children with a focus on autism
CONSULTANT, GRANT WRITER 1971
San Jose, CA.
- Alcoholism Outreach Programs, Community Response, Inc.
PSYCHOLOGY INTERN 1970
- Suicide Prevention Center, VA Hospital, Brentwood, CA.
- Family Therapy Program, VA Hospital, Palo Alto, CA.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT 1969
University of Oregon, Eugene, OR.
- Focus of research was familyinteractions and clinical depression.
- Tuff Talk, Trafford Publishing, 2004; workbook on language and resiliency
- Tuff Talk, companion audio program; hypnosis training for resiliency
- Life After Stress, New York: Plenum Publishing, 1982; self-help book on stressmanagement
- Life After Stress, Contemporary Books, paperback edition, 1983
- PSY 3995, State of California, 1973 - Present
- Board Certified, American Academy of Pain Management.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Academy of Pain Management
- American Psychological Association
- International Society of Clinical Hypnosis
- California State Psychological Association
- American College of Forensic Psychology
- National Association of Sports Psychology