Richard A. Levy M.D., QME
Daniel V. Shalom, M. D., QME
Rommel Hindocha, D.C., QME
David Chittenden M.D., QME
Robert S. Ferretti M.D., QME
Christian Foglar, M.D., QME
Teodoro Nissen M.D., QME
Joel Renbaum M.D.
Joel Weddington M.D., QME
Nicole Chitnis M.D., QME
Barry Meskin DPM, QME
Alireza Bagherian, D.C., QME
Robert Blum, M.D., QME
Peter Chang-Sing, M.D., QME
Ernest Cheng, D.O., QME
Kenneth J. Hammerman, M.D., QME
Elliot Henderson, Ph.D., QME
Mark Kimmel, Ph.D., QME
Richard G. Leff, M.D., QME
Donald J. Purcell, M.D., QME
Martin Shaffer, Ph.D., QME
Jed Sussman, Ph.D., QME
Scott Taylor, M.D., QME
Kara L. Winter, Ph.D., QME
Lesley J. Wolff, D.P.M., QME
Douglas H.L, Chin, M.D., QME
George D. Trahms, M.D., QME
Venkat Aachi, M.D., QME
Jed Sussman, Ph.D., QME
- Specialty areas: disability assessment, neuropsychological and psychiatric; derivative injuries to the psyche; psychological treatment; rehabilitation; and chronic pain management.
Specialized experience and training in disability assessment and treatment of adults with bona fide and suspected disabling conditions including head/brain injury, psychiatric disorders, neurologic conditions, chronic pain, somatoform disorders, medical disorders with a concurrent psychiatric condition. Extensive experience working in the medical arena, interdisciplinary planning, forensic and medical-legal consultation and IME's, QME and AME assessments for the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board, California Department of Industrial Relations, and disability assessment for private disability carriers and administrators.
1980 - Ph.D., California School of Professional Psychology, Berkeley, California.
1978 - M.S., California State University, Hayward, California.
1972 - B.A., Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, New Jersey.
2002-Present: Private Practice, 4466 Black Avenue, Suite H, Pleasanton, California.
- Medical-legal neuropsychological and psychological assessment for applicant and defendants attorneys. Expert testimony involving claims of injuries to the brain, psyche, or other areas of the body resulting in impairment, disability, and/or chronic pain. Psychotherapy, pain management, and consultation.
1982-2002: Private Practice at Eden Hospital Medical Center. Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Castro Valley, California.
- Neuropsychological and psychological assessment and treatment of individuals with suspected or bona fide head injuries, chronic pain, and/or psychiatric conditions. Psychiatric disability assessment per request of physicians, attorneys, insurers and corporations. Neuropsychological and psychiatric IME's in non-industrial medical-legal cases and AME & QME evaluations for workers' compensation attorneys and industrial carriers. Psychotherapy, interdisciplinary planning, medical legal expert witness testimony. Emergency room consultation, and assessment of patients with functional and organic disorders.
1989-1990: Golden State Rehabilitation Hospital, San Ramon, California.
- Responsibilities: Director, Behavioral Medicine and Neuropsychology Department. Supervision and provision of neuropsychological and psychological services to a large population of adults and children with various disabling conditions secondary to minor and major brain injury, suspected brain injury, physical trauma, chronic pain, degenerative and acquired conditions including psychiatric disorders, stroke, spinal cord injuries, dementia, orthopaedic problem, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other disabling problems.
1983-1987: Fairmont Hospital, San Leandro, California.
- Responsibilities: Neuropsychological assessment of brain injured patients as well as evaluation with a large population of physically and psychiatrically disabled individuals, psychotherapy, behavioral management, and in-service training at a large multidisciplinary rehabilitation hospital.
1981-1983: Rehabilitation Services of Northern California, Pleasant Hill, California.
- Responsibilities: Chief Psychologist: neuropsychological and psychological assessment and treatment of patients with sensory, cognitive, and emotional deficiencies as a result of injury, illness, chronic pain, or birth defect. Treatment planning, formulation and implementation of treatment programs, including consultation with families, psychotherapy, and medical-legal consultation.
1980-1981: Children’s Health Council at Children’s Hospital at Stanford, Coordinated Clinics,
Palo Alto, California.
- Responsibilities: Neuropsychological and psychological assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with a wide variety of medical, organic, and emotional complications. Treatment planning, psychotherapy, family education, school intervention, and staff education.
1980-1980: Merrit College, Oakland, California.
- Responsibilities: Consultation with staff, neuropsychological assessment and educational programming with brain damaged adults.
1979-1980: California School of Professional Psychology, Berkeley, California.
- Responsibilities: Instruction of neuropsychological and psychological assessment to graduate level students.
1979-1980: Santa Clara Community Mental Health & Alcohol. San Jose, California.
- Responsibilities: Neuropsychological and psychological assessment of adult patients with psychiatric, organic, and other disabling conditions. Psychotherapy and treatment planning.
1978-1979: Sunnyvale Community Mental Health & Alcohol. Sunnyvale, California.
- Responsibilities: Psychotherapy, psychological testing and neuropsychological testing with teenagers and children, and consultation with special education staff.
1976-1978: San Leandro Unified School District, San Leandro, California.
- Responsibilities: Psychotherapy, psychological and neuropsychological testing with teenagers and children, and consultation with special education staff.
1974-1976: Sunny Hills Children’s Services. San Anselmo, California.
- Responsibilities: Individual and group counseling with and institutionalized population of behaviorally and emotional disabled teenagers.
Advanced methods of psychiatric disability assessment, major and minor head injury, somatoform disorders, derivative injuries, expert testimony, and medical-legal, consultation.
- Clinical Psychologist, State of California, 1982. Board of Psychology, License No.: PSY 7553.
- Diplomate & Board Certified, American College of Forensic Examiners.
- Designated Qualified Medical Evaluator, 1993. Division of Industrial Relations, Division of Workers' Compensation, Industrial Medical Council, State of California. QME Certification in Psychology & Neuropsychology.
- Designated Independent Medical Examiner, Disability Insurance Program. Employment Development Department, Health & Welfare Department, State of California.
- Panel Consultant & Independent Medical Examiner, State of California & United States Social Security Administration, Department of Social Services, Disability Evaluation Division.
- Panel Consultant and Independent Medical Examiner, Disability Assistance Program, Pacific Telesis Corporation, San Francisco, California.
- Panel Consultant and Independent Medical Examiner, Applied Materials. Santa Clara, California.
- Panel Consultant and Independent Medical Examiner, Owens-Illinois. Hayward, California.
- Panel Consultant and Independent Medical Examiner, State Fund. Oakland, California.
- Panel Consultant and Independent Medical Examiner, Sun Microwave Systems Materials. Palo Alto, California.
- Panel Consultant and Independent Medical Examiner, County of Alameda, Oakland. California.
- Panel Consultant and Independent Medical Examiner, Eden Hospital, Castro Valley, California.
California Society of Industrial Medicine
American College of Forensic Examiners
Eden Hospital Medical Center
- Psychology Section, Section Chief, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996
Eden Hospital Medical Center
- Psychiatry Department
- Interdisciplinary Practice Committee
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Department